Monday, November 23, 2009

1st Birthday!!

On November 4, my sweet little boy turned one. It is so hard to believe that one year ago I was in the hospital having him. This has been the fastest year of my life and I'm afraid its only going to get faster. We had so much fun preparing for his party. I'm such a planner that I started back in September buying stuff for it. Since his party fell during the week, a Wednesday, we decided we wanted to do something to make that day special and do something with just us as a family. I picked up a critter cake from Walmart and Jared and I had already gotten him a Veggie Tales dvd collection. So we let him open his gift and then he tore into his cake. It was so funny and he loved it. He made such a mess but it was worth every bit of that mess.





Opening his first birthday present from mommy and daddy.

Doesn't he look sweet squating down.


The critter cupcake before he tore into it.




And the finished product.



On November 7 we had his big party that we invited all of the family to. We had it at the church fellowship hall so there would be enough room. Since he loves balls so much we decided to decorate using balls and ballons. It was so much fun and I think he enjoyed.








I kept the decorations really simple but bright.




I thought his cake turned out really good and it was very fitting for his party theme. Thanks to Ladybugs Bakery in Jasper for doing such a great job.





And finally my sweet little boy opening some of his gifts.



No comments:

Post a Comment